Sunday, February 5, 2012

Let's Laugh for a Minute

Timothy and John David were playing a counting game on our iPhones a few minutes ago. Six cute puppies popped up on Timothy's for him to count...

Me: Aww, cute puppies (I'm really not sure WHY I said this since I do
not like dogs, or most animals :))

Timothy: We love those puppies.
(pause)
I want to get a puppy.

Me: Really?! Well, okay, let's just see how you play with Brooke
(Laudan's dog) tonight and then we'll see if you still want one.

Timothy: (silence)

I want a rhinocerus.

....................................................................

Here's another one. Matt got a Whirly Pop for Christmas- it is a fancy little pan with a crank that helps to pop popcorn on the oven evenly. Anyway, a couple of weeks ago I decided to try it out myself to make the boys an afternoon snack. I didn't exactly know what I was doing and somewhere in the process I burned myself pretty badly. So...fast forward to this past Friday afternoon as the boys and I were headed to the car to go pick Matt up from work. We were talking about the family movie night we were about to have and I asked them if they wanted popcorn too. Of course, they said yes. For some reason I asked, "who should make the popcorn- mommy or daddy?" Timothy said immediately, "Daddy makes the best popcorn." I started laughing and said that his dad would be very glad to hear that. He wasn't done though, then he said, "Yeah, he never burn himself." Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment